October 29th 2011
Release of gCube 2.7.0: A new Minor Release of gCube
This release features:
- Enhancements in Search and Data Sources
- Full Compatibility of all Data Source relations with CQL Context Set v1.2.
- Support for wildcard projection (Project *).
- Project Distinct support in Forward Indices.
- Resource Registry enhancements
- The Resource Registry now supports automatic field,searchable and presentable creation using the information published by the Data Sources.
- A grace period has been introduced after which Searchables and Presentables referencing inactive Data Sources will be purged from the Resource Model.
- The configuration capabilities of the Resource Registry have been enhanced.
- The new Text Extraction component which performs text extraction to a set of documents from a specified repository, exploiting the facilities the gCube services provide. The workflow of the execution for the text extraction includes the use of gCube Search Service, gCube Data Transformation Service and gCube OCRService, while it stores intermediate results and documents that are needed to streamline the functionalities in the gCube CM. The final output, that consists of a set of text documents and a set of metadata files is stored in an FTP server who's location is passed in the input arguments.
- The new Resource Discovery component which is employed by Text Extraction and implements a WebRobot that does a search through the web starting from a given set of start documents up to a given search depth and discovers documents of the given mime type.
- The new OCR Jobs Management Portlet which is used to submit,poll the status of and delete OCR jobs.
- The new Indexer which serves as a wrapper to Parallel Indexing INSPIRE application.
- The new CodeList Library and CodeList Management portlet
- Content Management Time Series enhancements
- VTI and TS2Gis features added
- Integration with CodeList Manager
This release also contains the following enhancements/fixes:
- ASL-Content API has been extended to provide functionality for Data Transformation and OCR
- A bug was fixed in ScenarioCollectionManager in ASL-OAI-PMH
- ASL-Search has been updated to support new Search features
- Bug fixing in Content Management OAI Plugin
- Interface enhancements in Search Manager administrative portlet
- Filtering on available users grid is added in User's Management portlet
- Refine search panel and distinct value browsing are now available in Search portlet
- A bug related to XML namespace handling was fixed in OpenSearch Library
- Messaging Consumer has been integrated with UserManagement WS