Release of gCube 2.3.0
A new Minor Release of gCube has been released
This is the first release where the entire gCube Framework distribution is running on Java SE 6. All components have been tested and modified if necessary in order to achieve a smooth transition to this version of the platform.
This release also contains the following enhancements/fixes:
- A new version (1.1) of gCore an of the gCube Hosting Node (3.0). The new gCore version includes significant improvements in the resource publication area and changes targeting the Java 6 platform. For more details, see the gCore release notes
- A new version of the gCube Information System, featuring compatibility with the OSGA-DAI WS_DAIX standard, pooled and bulk publication of resources in the IS and push and pull modes for WS-Resource publication
- The behavior of the gCube Search Framework is now more robust with respect to communication with the Information System. Furthermore, the Framework was refactored in order to fully support Java 6.
- A fix for the Lucene wrapper of the gCube Index Framework
- Several fixes and enhancements for Aquamaps portlet and service.
- Support for chart creation for Time Series portlet and a number of other enhancements and fixes
- The portlet GUI of the Search portlet has been redesigned to provide a more ease and user friendly environment
- Support for view predicate customization added to gCube Document Library
- The Storage Management System now supports PostgreSQL in order to improve performance
- System Accounting functionality was added to the Messaging Infrastructure, in order to allow any gCube service or client to account their own custom information within the D4science infrastructure. All other components of Messaging Infrastructure were updated in order to support the new functionality. A new Monitoring portlet was developed in order to provide visualization of the information collected by the monitoring probe. The portlet, exploiting the Consumer-Library method to abstract over the Monitoring Database, can be used to easily navigate monitoring records.
- gCube gRS2 has undergone an interface overhaul and had its core redesigned with performance, low resource utilization and ease of use iin mind
- Support for execution status reporting was added to the Execution Subsystem. In the context of the gCube Environment Provider, this functionality is provided by gCube System Accounting.
- The Execution Subsystem, as well as the OpenSearch Framework components were refactored in order to support the lastest version of gRS2
- The Home Library model has been updated. All portlets are complient to the lastest version
- VRE Modeler now supports cloud deployment